Student Tech Application is now closed for the 2018-2019 school year. Thank you to all applicants!
Interviews to be held soon. Award announcements will be made by May. Student Techs must be able to work at least one, preferably two, class periods during the 2018-2019 school year. Once selections are made then we will work with your counselor to get Tech Work on your schedule.
Student Tech Work Program:
- Reliable transportation is a MUST. Student Techs are expected to work at all campus and district locations as needed.
- Two class periods preferred until 4:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. if necessary
- Reliable smart phone to receive school/work-related e-mails, texts, & chats and to access the time clock system is required
- Valid driver’s license with reliable, insured vehicle preferred
- Student Techs earn Computer Maintenance credit in their first year, Computer Technician in second year, and Telecommunications & Networking in the third year for exceptional candidates
Lubbock-Cooper Student Technologists assist with routine maintenance, cleaning, and upkeep of IT and A/V equipment. Lubbock-Cooper Student Techs also assist Level 1 Technologists with Level 1 IT support and troubleshooting.
Lubbock-Cooper Student Technologists need to be trustworthy and reliable problem-solvers who can respond to IT issues in a solutions-oriented and friendly manner. Student Techs don’t have to know all of the resolutions to IT issues, but they need to be willing and able to find the answers.
Student Technologist job description:Student Technologist
Student Tech Work Program Grading Guidelines
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.