Student Tech Application is now OPEN for the 2019-2020 school year. Read carefully before applying.
Student Techs must be able to work at least one, preferably two, class periods during the 2019-2020 school year. Once selections are made then we will work with your counselor to get Tech Work on your schedule.
Interviews to be held in late February. Award announcements will be made by spring break. Required training 8:30-4:00 on March 25, 2019. Additional training after school on the following dates
- March 28
- April 16
- April 23
- May 14
Student Tech Work Program:
- Reliable transportation is a MUST. Student Techs are expected to work at all campus and district locations as needed.
- Two class periods preferred until 4:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m. if necessary
- Reliable smart phone to receive school/work-related e-mails, texts, & chats and to access the time clock system is required
- Valid driver’s license with reliable, insured vehicle preferred
- Student Techs earn Computer Maintenance credit in their first year, Computer Technician in second year, and Telecommunications & Networking in the third year for exceptional candidates
- Work independently and sometimes with a team
- Commit to a full year of high-quality performance
Lubbock-Cooper Student Technologists assist with routine maintenance, cleaning, and upkeep of IT and A/V equipment. Lubbock-Cooper Student Techs also assist Level 1 Technologists with Level 1 IT support and troubleshooting.
Lubbock-Cooper Student Technologists need to be trustworthy and reliable problem-solvers who can respond to IT issues in a solutions-oriented and friendly manner. Student Techs don’t have to know all of the resolutions to IT issues, but they need to be willing and able to find the answers.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Student Tech Work Program.
Student Tech Work Program Grading Guidelines
E-mail email@example.com if you have questions.